Rabee Securities Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) market report (week ending: 18th October 2018).
Please click here to download a table of listed companies and their associated ticker codes.
The RSISX index ended the week at IQD634 (-3.8%) / $678 (-3.8%) (weekly change) (-21.6% and -18.9% YTD change, respectively). The number of week traded shares was 148.2 bn and the weekly trading volume was IQD55.5 bn ($45.7 mn).
ISX Company Announcements
- Mosul Bank (BMFI) held an AGM* on Oct. 18, 2018 to discuss and approve 2017 annual financial results. ISX suspended trading of BMFI starting Oct. 15, 2018.
- Iraqi Middle East Investment Bank (BIME) resumed trading on Oct. 15, 2018 due to disclosing 2017 annual financial results.
- ISX requested AL-Sadeer Hotel (HSAD) to provide a subscription letter on the shares issued on Oct. 15, 2018 after the company’s decision to increase capital from IQD1.239 bn to IQD1.735 bn through 40% rights issue.
- The Companies’ Registrar announced on Oct. 9, 2018 that the transfer process of the management center of Cihan Bank for Islamic & Finance (BCIH) from Baghdad to Erbil has been completed. The Companies’ Registrar requested a copy of the new adjusted contract.
- Cross Transactions: 145.9 bn shares of Zain Al-Iraq Islamic Bank for Investment (BZII) (on Oct. 15 and Oct. 18, 2018) which represent 58.2% of BZII capital. 300 mn shares of Iraqi Agricultural Products Marketing Meat (AIPM) (on Oct. 17, 2018) which represents 6% of AIPM capital.
By John Lee.
The United Nations has advertised new positions in Iraq:
(Picture: Finger pressing a new career start button, from Olivier Le Moal/Shutterstock)
By John Lee.
The United Nations has advertised new positions in Iraqi Kurdistan:
- Logistics Coordinator, Première Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Technical Project Engineer, IOM – International Organization for Migration
- Local Security Assistant, IOM – International Organization for Migration
- Project Officer (Enterprise Development Fund Management), IOM – International Organization for Migration
- Programme Coordinator (Economic Recovery), IOM – International Organization for Migration
- Assistant Data Analyst (Quantitative data), UNAMI – United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq
- National Consultant, UNAMI – United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq
- National Information Management Officer (Shelter Cluster), UNAMI – United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq
- Grants and Donor Compliance Coordinator, Oxfam
- Peacebuilding Program Manager, Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
(Picture: Success, growth, career, development signpost from 3D_Creation/Shutterstock)
Greetings all. I noticed Ron had mentioned in last post that no phasing out etc of the AA series ZIM some of us hold. I have read different opinions on the different series over my journey here. So I have both AA and AB ZIM and different years of issue. and just want some clarity on what if any will not be accepted. Thanks Bren
Bren, I have heard that all denominations of Zim will be
GCR/RV HighlightsTuesday Afternoon:SUMMARY: Sources say that it is time to switch to the next phase of the GCR, which is the exchange itself. We expect funding this week, still.PHILIP TILTON says that POTUS has announced that the UST/N will be gold backed as of midnight last night. No confirmation of his report can be found.Bruce on the BIG Call: We are coming up on it. I would say the intention
Article: “OPEC Secretary General calls on oil producing countries to increase production” It was not too long ago that the “Oil and Petroleum Exporting Countries” came to an agreement (unanimous, if I recall correctly) to work together on regulating the production of oil, as a sort of “emergency” measure to keep the markets under control in some uncertain times. They all agreed to control their